5.09.2016

day without shoes




sneakers: toms

I have a lot of things. Things like electricity, running water, and shoes. So many shoes. Shoes I don't even think about in the morning, because I can just assume they're there. For a lot of people around the world, that's not their reality. Kids in many countries, more than you'd think, are going through their day barefoot, because they just don't have shoes. I cut my feet in three different places just taking these photos, standing stationary on a path, and these kids are out walking miles. 

 So on May 10th (that's tomorrow, if you're calendar challenged like me), you can help TOMS give some of those kids something to walk through the world in. Here's the deal: for their Day Without Shoes, TOMS is going to donate one pair of shoes for every instagrammed pair of bare feet that hit the internet (with the hashtag #withoutshoes, you weirdos), up to 100k pairs. 

That's it. All you have to do is take your shoes off for thirty seconds*, and someone else will get to put a new pair on. 

x J

*It may take longer if you wanna get fancy with your photo, but please don't pull a Michael Scott and get near any Foreman grills.

ps. That's the extent of my ability to find humor in feet. I know I've failed. 




follow A Bent Piece Of Wire on twitter|facebook|bloglovin

2 comments:

Tell me what I want to hear. Or what you want to say.

Just remember:

If you're mean, I'll track you down and replace all your shoes with those hideous white tennis things that are so popular among the very sad.